If you are looking for private equity financing for a major acquisition or business expansion project, the best approach is to use a firm that raises this type of financing for businesses. There are many good reasons for making this recommendation, and they are all for the benefit of the business needing an injection of capital.
- Can identify the private equity financing groups that are most likely to be interested in your expansion plans
- Shortens the time frame for finding and landing project money
- Able to streamline the proposal process because have knowledge of what particular investors require before considering a proposal
- Can assist business through all phases of the request process
- Saves business time and money by handling many of the time consuming steps required in the search for investment money
- Understands the entire process from beginning to end
In fact, a professional that specializes in finding financing for major business expansions or projects can also assess the availability of other types of funding including venture capital, business loans, and even angel investors. The process involves much more than just submitting a business plan. You have to balance the timing of the request, marketing efforts, selection of potential funders, negotiation process and the closing of the deal.
Experience Equates to Time Saving Efforts
It’s true that the process of finding funding from any type of investor including private equity, venture capital, angel investors or business loans can be time consuming. It’s a process that cannot be rushed but it can certainly be streamlined. Each phase of the process can be approached methodically and with a well defined strategy which leads to a targeted and thorough proposal.
Many companies have the expertise needed to be successful at producing products or services which is why they are looking for new funding. Yet many of these same companies do not have fund raising experience. The lack of experience can seriously delay the process. There are a number of steps that must be taken and using a professional that understands these steps makes success more likely and more likely to occur sooner.
Every Step of the Way
Following are some of the major phases that must be completed when applying for private equity.
- Complete accurate valuation of business and business expansion project
- Identify the potential financing alternatives
- Prepare time schedule
- Develop in-depth marketing plan
- Market the proposal to funders
- Respond to funder questions
- Meet with prospective funders
- Prepare and review financing proposals
- Negotiate final terms
- Prepare legal documents
- Identify reporting requirements
When searching for private equity, startup funding or any other type of business funding, businesses will find that using professionals experienced at raising funding can benefit the entire process from beginning to end. If you are like most businesses, once you decide the funding is needed there is no time to waste.